This is a legitimate worry that should preferably be handled on an individual basis. However, specific general criteria might help you decide between a huge house in a less-than-ideal location and a small or mid-sized property in a fantastic position like flats in Adyar. Real estate professionals will tell you that location is everything. However, empty nesters and increasing families may need to compromise the ideal place for extra square footage in order to receive what they require. The two most important factors are location and size, yet they rarely go together.
Take a look at our approach to resolving the age-old problem of home size vs location below if you’re having trouble deciding between the two.
- The size of a home is more important if you already have a large family. If you’re ready to move out of your house and into something bigger, size should take precedence over the location. A larger home may also offer more yard areas for your pets and children.
- If you need more space for house guests, you may need to consider relocating to a larger area. A larger house with more bedrooms and a guest house will significantly improve your quality of life.
- If you plan to start or grow a family, it might be more beneficial to focus your housing search on more significant properties like flats in Adyar. While the location may not be perfect for work commutes or access to city facilities, it could be ideal for young couples wishing to raise a family.
- If you travel a lot for work and don’t need a large home, you may need to narrow down your property search to smaller properties. Your home’s location is unlikely to be a significant factor.
- A home’s location is essential if you intend to rent your residence. The location of your income property is highly significant whether you plan to rent it out or not. It not only affects the supply and demand of your rental and its general desirability, but it also decides how profitable it will be.
- You may want to explore relocating, remodelling, or remodelling a property to better meet your changing requirements and tastes in certain circumstances. Still, there is nothing you can do about the location. If the area provides quick and straightforward access to your business, schools and hospitals, retail malls, public transportation networks, and so on, choose the home with a superior location without a doubt.
- If you have school-aged children, you’ll want to think about how good the local schools are. If top-rated public or private schools are a top priority for you, tell your agent before you start looking for 5 BHK flats in Adyar.
- Suppose you prefer a shorter commute and a more convenient place to work over a large home. Everyday conveniences, such as public transit and coffee shops, are crucial considerations when relocating to a new house. Those in need of particular services, such as grocery stores and restaurants and shopping and parks, should prioritize the location of their home over the size.
Nobody wants to waste even a fraction of their time. It’s interesting to note that time does play a role in deciding between size and location.
The formula is straightforward! If your location is accessible and has nearby facilities, you save a lot of time and can afford a smaller home. However, you will seek a larger residential home with parking space availability rather than the location if you have transportation.
Luxury apartments in Adyar would always present you with two size and location dimensions on a beam balance, with one weighing more than the other. However, ultimately, it is all dependent on you as a property buyer.
The decision procedure for size and location varies depending on whether the investment for residential property is long-term or short-term. If it’s a long-term investment, say 10-20 years, then location and size are critical factors. However, suppose the investment is for a shorter period. The location will be more important than the size because a larger-sized residential alternative can be relocated after a few months or years.
A variety of factors thus influences the battle between size and location, but at the end of the day, the house purchasers will make the final decision.
Other things to think about when buying a house
- Is now a good time to invest? Before you take the plunge, conduct your research on the local housing market.
- Before purchasing a home, you should think about the age and condition of the house. Be prepared for the typical oddities of antique properties if you decide to buy an older home.
- One of the most crucial elements to consider before house hunting is your budget. Make sure to look in neighbourhoods where available homes are in your price range. Don’t waste your time and energy looking at homes out of your price range.
If you purchase a property only for financial reasons, choose the better location. An extensive home may be a superior option for residential needs. However, the most winning combination is a beautiful location like flats in Adyar and a large house! Before purchasing a home, make sure to look into the crime rates in the neighbourhood. Crime rates affect the resale value of your house, but they can also impact your safety. Before you buy a house, make sure to look into property insurance prices. The materials used in the construction of your home may also affect your insurance costs.